This year’s MTV Video Music Awards honestly was my favorite awards show this year! The performances were explosive, the crowd’s energy electrifying and the fashion was authentically dazzling and fresh. Take a look at my top 7 and let me know what you think.
1. QUEEN B always shuts it down in an umitigated capacity with a sprinkle of I am not new to this, but I am very much true to this. And this year, she brough an extra glow to the red carpet, Blue Ivy.
Wearing: Frances co Scognamiglio Couture dress and Lorraine Schwartz jewlry.
2. RITA ORA creeped up on my list with a hot sizzling bang. Edgy and chic and sexy, this beauty wore Marc Jacobs and Lorraine Schwartz jewlry also.
3. TINASHE – This understated star elegantly shut it down in her hot and tempting red Juan Carlos Obando.
4. DESIIGNER – Well Tash may have diagreed with me on this one, but I give him the heART of cool stamp because this gentleman is ultra comfortable in his skin and the lime green shoes tell it all. You get an A just for having the guts to pull it off.
Wearing: Maison Margiela
5. JADEN SMITH – Although I have no idea what this young innovator is wearing exactly, he shines so bright with this cat printed multi-layered coat. He wears the clothes. The clothes most certainly do not wear him. He is one of the most original spirits I have seen in quite some time.
6. ALICIA KEYS – Laced in nothing but a red and black printed Cavalli gown and her make-up free gorgeous face, Alicia Keys’ light shined so bright as she recited a poem commemorating the 53rd anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream Speech”.
7. NICKI MINAJ – This Hip Hop Diva went upscale with her royal blue cotout gown and boy did it wrap around her voluptuous figure rather naturally.
💜Love & Light🌞,
Cristen M. Mills