While we’re not the biggest fans of New Year’s resolutions around here, we are huge advocates for New YOU resolutions and are always in support of enhancing the health of everyone around us. Because of this we’ve collected some fun ways to help achieve your fitness goals in the New Year. Whether it be losing weight or improving your speed, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success in hopes of not falling of the bandwagon.
- Get New Gear: When you look good, you feel good and the same goes when you’re talking about active wear. While you don’t want to go out and spend all of your newly gained Christmas cash, you can get stylish activewear on the low. Some great places to look are Old Navy (we hear active wear is 50% off right now) and Fabletics.com where your first outfit is only $25!
- ClassPass!: If you’d just like to get moving, try something new. We love ClassPass which allows you to experience the hottest workouts in your city for one flat rate. ClassPass is a month-to-month membership that gives you access to unlimited group fitness classes in your area. Choose from yoga, Pilates, cycling, strength training and more! All for $119 per month, with no contracts. If you’ve ever signed up for a gym, you know how much of a deal this is since you’re essentially a member of over 100 gyms with one ClassPass membership.
- Grab a Fitness Pal: No, not the app – but a friend! Getting your friends involved in your fitness goals helps make it fun and keep you entertained while you work up a sweat. Instead of grabbing drinks after work – have your happy hour at a new workout class or on a hike. Not only will you save yourself the calories but you’ll enjoy your friends in a new environment while having someone who can help hold you accountable.
- Get Technical: From apps to accessories, the market has made it easier to keep track of your fitness goals. We’re obsessed with Fitbit’s latest collaboration with Tory Burch that merges fashion with fitness. The Fitbit and similar products were created to help you stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep.
- Say YES!: Whether it’s a new ingredient, intimidating class, or glass of green juice, just say yes. You’ll never know until you try.
No matter what your goals are in this new year, we hope these tips will help you stick with it. Tell us how you plan to stay fit in 2016!